måndag 15 augusti 2011

Eὐχαριστέω gets it's own page




To be grateful, feel thankful
To give thanks


I wrote about Ann Voskamp’s book One Thousand Gifts: A Dare  to Live Fully Right Where You Are HEREin Swedish, and you can read about it HERE in English. 



Ok, why all this “noise” about a book?
It speaks to me. Ann’s use of big religious words sometimes makes me uneasy, but I have to look behind them and take notice of what the feeling their meaning in her writing tells me.  
It is a book, but it describes a lifestyle. That life is a life I long for, a living now, with meaning, giving thanks.

“She dares me, and I don’t even blink. Could I write a list of a thousand things I love? … To name one thousand blessings – one thousand gifts … Not gifts I want but gifts I already have.
… Living joy in every situation, the full life of eucharisteo …
Naming …  A dare to an emptier, fuller life.“

Here is my list, slowly growing:

1 … Wise challenges
2 … Sunny afternoon coffee-time in the kitchen with good people
3 … Sharing the small and the big stories in our lives
4 … A long missed voice over the phone
5 … Painting, making things clean and reflecting the light … and safe
6 … Wise words, shared
7 … Sleep, restful sleep
8 … The moment between dream and awake – when it is all light
9 … Sharing a meal with friends, young and old
10 … 50 seconds of good phone conversation
11 … Quiet evening time in  the sofa, sharing a word now and again
12 … Realization in the need of change
13 … Discovering the gift of 1000 gifts14 … My “daily ritual” to help me remember the important stuff like quiet time
15 … Packing for the future
16 … Friend on the phone
17 … Mending torn jeans, with love
18 … The washing machine, washing the last needed for the future
19 … An office with a door and chosen solitude
 possible
20 … Churches, for breaks in the daily hassle
 

... Writing it all in an old fashioned Journal ... adding them on to this list once a week!






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar